Whether your new kitchen is for a new house you are building, or part of renovation, there is no doubt it requires a significant financial investment. Working with an experienced Kitchen Designer can save you time and money as well as help you create a kitchen you’ll love.
An independent kitchen designer can recommend a preferred supplier and installer to suit your specific project or give you the design and specifications to shop around local kitchen suppliers and get quotes based on your inclusions.
So what is the best way to prepare before you start working with a kitchen designer?
Top tips to help you get the most out of your kitchen design consultation…
1. Start a collection of ideas… How you collate your ideas is up to you. Consider using a scrapbook for images from magazines or printed images from the web; or start a board online on either Pinterest or Houzz to save inspirational images to. Remember to make a note of what it is you like about a particular kitchen or style.
2. Create a wish list… Be specific about the things you want to include in your kitchen. Make a note of the things you don’t like about your existing kitchen and include your ‘non-negotiables’ – the things you must have in your new kitchen. Consider lighting, finishes, storage and layout and write it all down.
3. Know your budget… This is perhaps one of the most important factors when embarking on a new kitchen. An experienced kitchen designer can guide and advise you on the best options to suit your budget and get the look you want. Knowing where you should spend and where you can save money allows you to stay on track with your budget and get the kitchen you desire.
4. Research appliances… Whether you prefer to research online, in-store or both, a shortlist of appliances can help your kitchen designer to create your new kitchen design. Consider how you will use your kitchen and the space available. Remember, the size of appliances needs to suit your lifestyle, budget and kitchen size. Ask questions in appliance stores to ensure you understand how products differ and check out reviews online from qualified sources such as Choice.
5. Look at finishes… This includes finishes for kitchen cabinets, bench tops and splashbacks, along with possible changes to flooring that may need to be taken into consideration. Visit suppliers or kitchen showrooms and view and/or collect samples of finishes. An experienced kitchen designer will discuss the best finishes to suit your practical and functional needs and recommend the best options to suit your budget.
Planning your new kitchen requires preparation and the more you do before your design consultation, the easier the design process will be. A comprehensive kitchen design consultation will uncover products and finishes, with the best functions and features, to enhance the day-to-day use of your kitchen. An experienced kitchen designer will equip you with additional information, ideas and design possibilities to suit your personal situation and provide professional advice to potentially help you save on costly mistakes.
Bella Vie Interiors offers different options to suit your design needs, including design only or full service interior design. We can do as much, or as little as you require helping bring your vision to life.
Sign up to receive our Ebrochure or Contact Us to discuss working on your design project.
Award-winning Interior Designer at Bella Vie Interiors.